Wondering how to make jalapeno poppers? You’ve come to the right post. Not only is this recipe quick and easy to follow, it’s delicious. The jalapeno poppers are stuffed full of a droolworthy bacon and cream cheese mix, all gluten free of course! They are baked to perfection in the oven and once finished you have the most delicious, creamy, spicy, cheesy jalapeno poppers that are loved by all.
This recipe is actually from my mom, so a huge thank you to my (Lydia’s) mom. My mom makes this jalapeno poppers recipe frequently whenever we catch up as a group and asides from eating majority of them we always leave and rave about them for the following week. After bugging her for the recipe, here we are today sharing this delicious, gluten free, bacon and cream cheese jalapeno poppers recipe with you guys.
- 12 jalapenos
- 200g of bacon
- 1/2 red onion
- 250g of cream cheese
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (we use a blend of cheddar, mozarella and parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of sriracha (or tabasco)
Watch the video tutorial above to see how to make the jalapeno poppers. I always recommend watching the video tutorial at least once prior to attempting the recipe so you can see how the mix should look throughout each step of the process. When you’re ready to make the jalapeno poppers the written instructions are below.
- Preheat your oven to 160C (approximately 320F).
- Slice the jalapenos in half and deseed them. Wear gloves while doing this.
- Prepare a tray to put the jalapenos in, spraying it with oil or lightly coating it in butter.
- Place the jalapenos in the tray and cook them in the oven for 10 minutes to soften them.
- While the jalapeno cooks dice the bacon and red onion into small pieces.
- Spray a frying pan with oil. Fry the bacon and red onion pieces in the pan until crispy. Set aside.
- Once the jalapenos have finished cooking take them out and set them on the side to cool, leave the oven on.
- Mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 a cup of the cheese (save the other 1/2 for later), lime juice, salt and sriracha
- Mix the bacon and onion into the cream cheese filling.
- Using a spoon fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese filling.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 a cup of shredded cheese over the jalapenos.
- Cook the jalapenos in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Congratulations you’ve now successfully made gluten free jalapeno poppers, enjoy!
We really hope you enjoyed our gluten free bacon and cream cheese jalapeno poppers recipe. If you end up trying the recipe yourself please let us know in the comments or on our socials.