*Please note there are Amazon Affiliate links in this article*
There’s no doubt that gluten free pizza rolls make for the perfect lunch throughout the week. Simply whip up a batch (or two) and you’re sorted for a quick and easy lunch on the go for a few days.
With pizza rolls being a go-to of mine prior to being diagnosed as Coeliac it made sense for me to attempt to figure out a quick and easy recipe for gluten free pizza rolls that were soft, fluffy and delicious! And that’s exactly what I’m sharing today, my simple to make gluten free pizza rolls recipe. Enjoy!
- 100g gluten free plain flour plus some extra for dusting your counter (we use the homebrand flour from our local supermarket – Coles however we’ve also used Orgran and White Wings with no variation in the final outcome!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g salted butter (melted)
- 110g plain yoghurt (Greek-style).
- 1/4 cup tomato paste (or similar)
- 1 tsp of Italian herbs/mixed herbs (you can use your own fresh herbs if you want)
- 30g of ham (you can exclude this if you wish)
- 1/2 cup of cheese (plus a little extra if you’d like to top the rolls). We use a premade shredded cheese mix that includes mozarella, cheddar and parmesan.
Watch the video tutorial above to see exactly how to make the gluten free pizza rolls. I always recommend watching the video tutorial at least once prior to attempting the recipe so you can see how the mix should look throughout each step of the process. When you’re ready to make the gluten free pizza rolls the written instructions are below.
- Preheat your oven to 190C (approximately 375F).
- Combine the gluten free plain flour with the baking powder, melted butter and yoghurt until smooth and lump free. The dough will be wet but you should be able to handle it. If not, continue to add small amounts of flour until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Place a sheet of baking paper down on your counter.
- Sprinkle flour onto the baking paper. This will help prevent the dough from sticking.
- Put the dough onto the baking paper. Sprinkle some flour on top of the dough.
- Using a rolling pin press down on and roll the dough, flattening it into a rectangular shape that’s approximately 0.5-1cm thick. Once complete, set aside.
- In a bowl combine the tomato paste with the mixed herbs and ham. Feel free to add any other desired seasonings here also: like salt or pepper.
- Spread the sauce evenly across the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
- Roll the dough lengthways. Using the baking paper to assist you in carefully rolling the dough tightly.
- Slice the dough into equal slices around 2cm thick. Note: the pizza rolls we make are small, if you’d like your pizza rolls to be larger make the slices thicker.
- Put baking paper on a tray/pan and lightly spray with oil.
- Place the pizza rolls onto the tray.
- Cook the pizza rolls in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Take the rolls out the oven and leave them to cool.
- They’re now ready to eat! Congratulations you’ve successfully made gluten free pizza rolls.
We hope you enjoyed our gluten free pizza rolls recipe. If you ended up trying our gluten free pizza rolls recipe make sure to let us know how you went in the comments or on our socials.