Tomato feta pasta has taken the internet by a storm over the last couple of weeks. So much so that shops in Finland were running out of feta! This feta and cherry tomato pasta recipe has blown up online, going viral and hitting the news. All for good reason of course, this feta pasta recipe is not only delicious, it’s super super easy to make.
When we saw how popular the baked tomato feta pasta dish was we decided to give it a shot for ourselves. And we were not disappointed, it will definitely become a regular in our weekly dinner meal plan. Now, without further ado, we’re going to share how you can make this baked feta pasta dish.
- 500g of cherry tomatoes
- 200g of feta cheese
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of dried mixed herbs (we use a combination of thyme, rosemary, marjoram, basil, oregano and sage)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 500g of gluten free pasta
- 10-14 basil leaves
If you’d like to see exactly how to make the gluten free tomato feta pasta make sure to watch the video above. The video shows how the feta and cherry tomato mix should look throughout each step of the process and therefore is extremely useful for anyone who is making it for the first time. Once you’ve watched the video and are ready to make your own gluten free tomato feta pasta the written instructions are below.
- First preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius (which is approximately 374 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Wash your cherry tomatoes and place them in an oven safe baking tray or glass pan.
- Pour 1/2 a cup of olive oil over the cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the salt, black pepper and mixed herbs evenly over the cherry tomatoes.
- Slice your garlic cloves and evenly spread them over the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the feta in the centre of the pan, slightly shifting over the cherry tomatoes to the side to make room for it.
- Place the baking tray or pan into the oven and cook until the cherry tomatoes look wrinkly and the feta has started to golden (this should take 30-35 minutes).
- Around 5-10 minutes before the tomato and feta mix is complete start cooking your gluten free pasta. Add your pasta to a saucepan filled with boiling water and a pinch of salt. Cook until your pasta is al dente. Drain the water out of the saucepan and set the cooked pasta aside.
- Once the tomato and feta mix has been taken out of the oven, add the basil leaves. You can add these whole but I cut them into smaller pieces using scissors.
- Mix the tomato and feta mix together. Use a fork to break down the block of feta into chunks and squash the tomatoes. You can make the sauce as chunky or as smooth as you would like, we left some larger chunks in ours.
- Add the cooked pasta to the tomato and feta mix. Mix until combined.
- The pasta is now ready to serve. Congratulations you’ve now successfully made gluten free baked feta pasta!
We hope you enjoyed our gluten free tomato feta pasta recipe. We had so much fun recreating this feta pasta dish which has quickly taken the internet by a storm after going viral on TikTok! If you end up trying the gluten free feta pasta recipe yourself make sure to let us know how you go in the comments down below or on our socials.